Thursday 3 July 2008

Engineering and evolution

Wow, I've just finished watching this presentation by Robert Full to TED.
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/robert_full_on_engineering_and_evolution.html

This is a topic that I feel is worth promotion and understanding. If you want to achieve something quickly it's often best to follow the principle of Learn, do, Teach
  1. Learn from what's already available
  2. Create a working version by using what fits so you only have to invent the minimum necessary
  3. Record and pass on what you've learnt so you have a record and so others can also benefit
I am fascinated by what Robert shows us in his presentation and also with the parallels I see in many areas of my work. Particularly as a software developer I find that the mind and its software is far advanced of any application out there in the mass market.

No comments: