Sunday, 19 July 2009

Digital receipts: Why don't stores offer them

I just had a problem returning a few items I bought from a store all because I didn't have the paper receipt. Part of life you'd say. Well normally you just get vouchers or something right. This store didn't do that. Oh the pain.

Anyway I realised what really erked me. On the web this doesn't happen cos I get a receipt mailed to me. I just store it somewhere. Search for it when I need it and email or print as needed. None of these problems.

So why don't stores do something like this. I get that they'd be worried about forgeries or something but I feel it's easy enough to fake a paper receipt so I'm not sure that's a good reasson. There are probably valid reasons why this isn't is in place but my point is what are stores doing to make it easy for me to prove my purchase. What are these high street stores doing to compete with web stores on this front.

Now I actually feel more confident with a web store cos I have definite proof and I can just archive the recepit and search for it. With paper stuff I just find it burns a hole in my wallet and gets ruined.

It's just so out dated.

So what could stores do to help. Maybe text me the main details. Send me a mail. I don't know. But these are ideas

Post a Comment