Thursday 15 May 2008

The Omnivore's Dilemma

Wow, I just listened to a really interesting talk http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6546917677559455845 given by Michael Pollan author of The Omnivore's Dilemma. It was just fascinating to hear about the history and political context of where food comes from.

Granted this is based on America but the same thing is true here. I just like the discussion he gives.and I like the way he likes to get into the detail of how the food industry has evolved and determines where we are now. This is so important to understanding what kind of food is available and also what fits each of our lifestyles.

while I feel diet is important. I really don't think it is the only thing to worry about. I think it's crucial to understand so many other aspects of our lives as well. How well we sleep, how happy we are on a daily basis and how educated we are about what our bodies really need.

getting back to diet I thinks it's so important to understand how things have got to the way they are.

If you wanted to learn more about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omnivore's_Dilemma has some info

No comments: