Monday 22 June 2009

Google Books may reach a deal with authors and publishers

I like the idea of browsing books online. Using all the amazing search features we now have. Not having to leave my desk. I hear Google has reached a deal with authors and publishers. I hope this is the start of being able to search all of this knowledge. For it all to be available to everyone. Not just those with access to the right libraries etc. Pay for what you need, check it out before you buy. All that stuff.

I seen Google books as a 21st century libary and I've been wondering how libraries got started in the first place with all the copyright and licensing issues. I'm sure what Google is doing is similar in some way to what had to happen for the libraries to start.

It's only for the US at the mo. Here's hoping it grows for all of us soon.

No comments: