Friday 26 June 2009

New research on why high sugar foods can be linked to heart problems


Ok, so there's new research that show's exactly why high sugar foods can be linked to heart problems.

It's not the first time that I've heard of this idea. Not sure yet whether it's 'proven' but it would be no real surprise. Particularly given the glucose transporters role in diabetes and arguably other illnesses this just explains how our bodies ability to deal with carbohydrate defines in many ways our cardiac health.

Just thought I'd share this since it's a fascinating find. I also notice that none of the research considers how activity may help our bodies deal with this reaction to high sugar foods. That's ignored while either cutting out these foods or using drugs is preferred. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel that's a little biased.

No comments: